- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
Burnt Coil In Fan Motor Winding
Customer sent to me this Usha Table Fan with the complaint of the motor not rotating after pressing the speed button. Usually the common fault for this kind of fan were bad start capacitor and open thermal fuse. I had to dismantled it in order to see the test the components.
Both components were tested good so I took out the fan armature and noticed there was a slight burnt in the winding coil-see the photos below:
There is no way that I can repair this kind of fault judging that there were so many turns were burnt. If one or two turns of winding burnt perhaps I can try to fix it but in this case I just have to give up and source for a new motor.
Surprisingly the new fan motor price is so much cheaper than a new fan thus I did not hesitate and got the new fan motor-see the photo below:
After fixing the new fan motor and powered on, it started to work normally. It was unusual to see quite a new fan that had the winding burnt. As mentioned the common fault were bad starting cap and an open thermal fuse. Well, different brand certainly have different quality. See you again in the next article.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading the above article, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out his previous post in the below links: