- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
- LED TV T-Con Board Problem
- 471k MOV Cracked In LED TV Repaired
- Flash Rom IC Caused Standby Problem in LED TV
- LED TV No Sound Repaired
- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
Can we test IC using a multimeter?
How can we test IC using a multimeter ?
Multimeter can only be used to test the IC dc supply voltage and to use the ohm range to find out if the IC is shorted to ground or not. Generally using an oscilloscope to test an IC is much more accurate because one could see the input and the output signal assuming if the IC did not develop any short circuit and has the right DC SUPPLY input (VCC).
One also have to know that not all IC has input signal. Take oscillator IC like the common power IC found in switch mode power supply (UC3842) as an example. This type of IC produce it owns output waveform once the dc supply is present. This means it does not need an external input signal in order to produce the output signal.
Beside this, there are Microcontroller Unit (MCU), PIC, EEprom, FLASH Rom, Ram IC which require a specialize tester like programmer and Ram tester in order to check if they are good or bad.
Conclusion- One has to know what type of IC they are having then only use the right test equipment to check on the ICs.