- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
- LED TV T-Con Board Problem
CFL Bulb Repair
Yesterday evening when I switched “ON” CFL Bulb (compact fluorescent lamp) in my house passage I observed the bulb is glowing half the way.
So I have removed it from the socket and opened the unit to repair it.
On visual inspection I did not found any physical damage. As per my previous experience I have checked the capacitor marked on PCB circuit as a “C3” which is coupling the filaments of bulb please see the circuit diagram for reference tips
I have removed the C3 capacitor from the PCB and on testing it with my multimeter I found the capacitor was shorted.
But problem is that this type of capacitor is not available in open market and buying it online is not worth hence I have made a habit if equipment is not repairable due to any reason I always salvage the parts or full PCB for future repairing use. In this case I managed to find the part from junk board.
After replacement of the capacitor I have re fixed the cfl lamp and take a look at the result below:
This article was prepared for you by Yogesh Panchal who works as a Computer Hardware Engineer in Mumbai India.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!