- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 3 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 3 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 4 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 7 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 10 months ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 11 months ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 12 months ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
Connecting Zener Diode In Series
How many of you have connected two zener diode in series before? I use this method when i couldn’t get the original part number from the local electronic distributors. For example, Acer aspire have an additional audio board inside the monitor. Whenever the zener diode shorted it will cause no power problem in the Monitor. The real challenge is not about troubleshooting or finding this shorted zener diode, it was the voltage that i could not get from electronic suppliers. It was rated as 200V and if according to Philip ECG Master replacement Guide Book, it was the highest voltage in the zener diode category. For your information , the 2.4Volt zener diode was the lowest voltage if according to the replacement guide book.
The only way for me to solve this problem is to use the series connection method. I connect two 100 Volt zener diode in series, the cathode to anode of another zener diode. I got 200V and the Monitor was brought back to life again. Imagine if you do not know about this method you may end up spending more time to search for the part number or even end up can’t repair the Monitor. The good news was that the problem i mentioned above was a common fault for this ACER aspire 15″ CRT Monitor.
Do you know now how important is the theory of basic electronic is? So if you are good in practical and wish to know more about electronics-read more about electronics theory. With theory back up plus your good technical knowledge, you are only heading to the correct path. Always remember this word “Making Yourself Better Than You Were Yesterday”!