- No Power In LED TV SolvedPosted 3 days ago
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power SymptomPosted 1 month ago
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel RepairPosted 2 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No PicturePosted 3 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 9 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 9 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 10 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 1 year ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 1 year ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
Electrolytic Capacitor Have The Highest Failure Rate
I have replaced more electrolytic capacitors than any other electronic components in electronic repair. The reason why it has the highest failure rate was because electrolytic capacitors contains electrolyte (one kind of chemical) and this electrolyte can dry up and will leak when it is overheated by higher voltage than the capacitor itself can handle. Resistors do not have life span not like electrolytic capacitors. E-caps got to be use fresh once they are out from the factory! If you keep the e-cap for too long, the electrolyte in it will dry up and cause many troubles in electronic circuits.
It is wise to invest on ESR meter which can test e-caps in or off board. Although some e-caps shows leaking underneath, the esr meter may still test good on such capacitor. This is because the leaking of electrolyte haven’t reach to a level where the ESR meter considered it as bad cap. The more you use ESR meter the more you would understand its capacibilities. If you haven’t buy any of the esr meter, you may get one by clicking here.