- Shorted LED Driver Mosfet In Hisense LED TV Repaired
- Restored Philips LED TV Fully Water Logged In Floods
- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
Guest Post- SAMSUNG 32″ LCD TV LA 32R91B IS REPAIRED.
All the functions of this lcd tv were good except the contrast and brightness controls. When I decreased the contrast and brightness to 50 %, after few minutes it automatically shot up again to 100%. My first suspect was the corrupted program file of EEPROM IC . Since I do not have the original programs I tried to check on the voltages to see if the voltages stable or not.
I measured the output voltages from the power supply and found two voltages were good (13v and 12 v). But the 5 volt line seems to be unstable and fluctuated. After that I saw an electrolytic capacitor that was bulged located along the 5 volt line.
The cap value was 2200 micro farad @ 10 volt 105 C and when tested with my capacitance meter it showed only 32 micro farad. The capacitance value was way out. I checked the same capacitor again with my ESR meter and it showed 2 ESR ohm. By right it should have about 0.02 ESR ohm. After a new replacement was done the control functions of the contrast and brightness of the TV was back to normal again.
Note: I changed the bad cap with new one. 2200micro @ 16volt 105 c and this works with no problem.
Conclusion : An exact and stable voltage is a must for the supply of microcontroller IC.
Beh from Iran
Hope you have enjoyed this repair article by Beh and please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.