- Flash Rom IC Caused Standby Problem in LED TV
- LED TV No Sound Repaired
- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
Homemaker Electric Throw Rug Repair
Just short repair article. I recently had trouble with a heated throw rug
I would be sitting watching the Tv setup to make a cuppa or let the cat in and come back. The throw rug had reset.
Anyway I dropped the controller on the floor and noticed it had reset.
This got me thinking It may be dry joints. So I unscrewed, 4 torx no 10’s and it was apart.
Looked over the circuit board and noticed a cap had no solder on it and the lead was too short (not poking out of the hole).
close up of missing solder
So I resoldered the offending Capacitor and an electrolytic as well.
I then put it all back together and did a drop test and it all good.
I wonder how this got through the QC department as the soldering looks like it was done by hand except the smd components.
This article was contributed by Lee Davey from Hobart Tasmania Australia. He has been doing repairs on electronics and PC’s for around 30 years.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out previous post about fixing active speaker in the below link: