- Shorted LED Driver Mosfet In Hisense LED TV Repaired
- Restored Philips LED TV Fully Water Logged In Floods
- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
How Long Will A Capacitor Last?
Sir, how many years does it take for a capacitor to expire when in use. I asked because in the news letter you sent me , two capacitors were confirmed death cos they worked for over ten years .
I guess you are referring to Electrolytic capacitor. It depends on the brand, design of the circuit board and type of equipment used. Many cheap quality brand of capacitors usually will not last. The most is only few years. If the design of the circuit where the e-caps is located near heatsink then possibility for it to break down is very high as compare to e-caps that is located far from the heat sink. The last one would be it depends on where the equipment is used. If you take a look at e-caps that is found in LCD Monitor, you will notice that the circuit board is compact and covered by a metal casing. Not only that the metal casing is covered by the main cover as well. This means the ventilation is very bad and e-caps suffer the most. This is why if an equipment have a small fan, generally the e-caps will last longer than those that do not have fan.