- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV Repair
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display Repair
How To Locate The Primary Winding Of Flyback Transformer
Got a question from ERG member:
Can the Blue Ring Tester that I purchased from you be able to test the TV Flyback Transformers?
Jestine- Yes you can
And what If I do not have some of the TV schematic diagrams, how should I identify which pins in pair. Meaning to say pin No.? & pin No.? are related for testing.
Jestine- Check for the flyback pin that goes to the collector pin of HOT and the B+ pin (supply from power supply). That is the primary winding of flyback transformer.
If you are repairing the CRT Monitor then you have to find out from center pin of the B+ FET that goes through a Diode (ultra fast recovery diode) and then to the flyback pin. Another pin was from the collector of HOT. Both the pins is the primary winding of the flyback transformer. Try practice to find these two pins because i came across quite a number of technicians could not trace these pins. The primary winding is important if you are in the CRT TV/Monitor repair because a shorted/ partial shorted winding could cause the equipment to shutdown, low power, power blink or even blow up the HOT. If you come across a shorted HOT please make sure you test this primary winding before you put in a new HOT otherwise if the primary winding have problem, it may takes a split of seconds to kill the new HOT.
Again, it come back to the important of using flyback tester/Blue Ring Tester to find out the bad winding. Without the tester, surely it would take you a longer time to troubleshoot the problem that related to shorted primary winding in Flyback transformer.