- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 4 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 4 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 5 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 8 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 11 months ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
How To Locate The Primary Winding Of Flyback Transformer
Got a question from ERG member:
Can the Blue Ring Tester that I purchased from you be able to test the TV Flyback Transformers?
Jestine- Yes you can
And what If I do not have some of the TV schematic diagrams, how should I identify which pins in pair. Meaning to say pin No.? & pin No.? are related for testing.
Jestine- Check for the flyback pin that goes to the collector pin of HOT and the B+ pin (supply from power supply). That is the primary winding of flyback transformer.
If you are repairing the CRT Monitor then you have to find out from center pin of the B+ FET that goes through a Diode (ultra fast recovery diode) and then to the flyback pin. Another pin was from the collector of HOT. Both the pins is the primary winding of the flyback transformer. Try practice to find these two pins because i came across quite a number of technicians could not trace these pins. The primary winding is important if you are in the CRT TV/Monitor repair because a shorted/ partial shorted winding could cause the equipment to shutdown, low power, power blink or even blow up the HOT. If you come across a shorted HOT please make sure you test this primary winding before you put in a new HOT otherwise if the primary winding have problem, it may takes a split of seconds to kill the new HOT.
Again, it come back to the important of using flyback tester/Blue Ring Tester to find out the bad winding. Without the tester, surely it would take you a longer time to troubleshoot the problem that related to shorted primary winding in Flyback transformer.