- MAP3202 LED Driver IC Failure In 42″ LED TV
- LG LED Television Model 32LB561U Dead, Power On LED Red Now Repaired
- Power Blinks In LG LED TV Repaired
- Shorted LED Driver Mosfet In Hisense LED TV Repaired
- Restored Philips LED TV Fully Water Logged In Floods
- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
How To Service DP 30 LED Emergency Lamp
This emergency light was brought to me in a dead condition. On opening the unit, I observed that the battery connections were corroded; a few components on the board had burnt. This light uses two 4V cells, which will not have any values or ratings marked on it, except the + and – marks on the top! Needless to say, it is a Chinese make.
One resistor was open and one transistor was found defective. Here are a few snaps:
Since this is one of the products that I deal, I took a new one and opened it to see the values of the resistors.
Replaced these components and cleaned the PCB.
Connected and checked and left it for charging. It worked very well.
Another job added to my satisfaction list, henceforth to be referred to as ‘SL’!
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 69 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: