- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
Lightning Struck On Telephone Repaired
A landline telephone was brought to me with the complaint that after a lightning strike, it went dead. After opening and cleaning the set, I observed that one capacitor had bulged.
Replaced it and checked ESR of other capacitors and were found these to be in the brim.
So, I replaced all of them and connected Telephone wire and found it to be working perfectly well!
This telephone has facility of caller identity, which works when connected to the Telephone line. As we might all know, telephone works on the DC voltage that comes through the telephone wire, along with a dial tone.
These are segregated and used by a circuit inside the instrument, which works on the DC voltage. For more information on how the telephone works, kindly see the following link:
A very simple task, finished so soon! (Of-course to my satisfaction!)
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 69 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: