Matsutec Active Speaker System Repaired

By on July 28, 2015
speaker system repair

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

speaker repair

A customer brought this Matsutec Active Speaker System for repair with the complaint of no power/no sound.

Once the cover was removed I could clearly see the burnt area on the circuit board.

AMP 2

repairing amp speaker

I had to remove the bad parts and test all the corresponding parts and had to clean the area with chemical.

AMP 4

There are couple of transistors and resistors that were burnt and shorted. If you wish to learn how to test electronic components, you can check out this website

speaker system repair

 

Once the replacement are fitted in and powered it On, this speaker system came back to life again.

Repairing speaker amp

amp speaker repair

This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.

Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.

P.S-  If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!

Note: You may check out his previous repair article in the below link:

http://www.jestineyong.com/dvd-hi-fi-tray-cant-be-opened/

 

 

Likes(135)Dislikes(1)

9 Comments

  1. Merlin Marquardt

    July 28, 2015 at 8:38 am

    Very good repair.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  2. Robert Calk

    July 28, 2015 at 10:47 am

    Good job, Suranga. I'm glad you could save the unit.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  3. Corriete

    July 28, 2015 at 11:00 am

    very good and interesting article.it's a good thing the other side of the board was not affected from the burnt parts.i wonder what really caused this burning to happen.I see some capacitors close by. were they not affected from the heat? I have a shorted capacitor rated 0.70 uf +/_ 3% 2100 v AC which i do not have a direct replacement but i have one 0.95 uf with same Voltage. Do you think i Can use it without any problems?

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  4. harjit singh babbar

    July 28, 2015 at 12:17 pm

    great job....dear.....

    Likes(1)Dislikes(0)
  5. Albert

    July 28, 2015 at 12:48 pm

    Hi Corriete, I have repaired my Brother's Microwave Oven that short circuited on the AC Line. Because it exactly fitted into in his kitchen Cabinet, he couldn't buy a new Mirowave oven that was bigger or deeper, unable to match his old one.
    On internet we bought 2 other HV Surpressor Diodes and another HV Capacitor and new Fuse. I take it that you also replaced those special Diodes to prevent the Microwave parts from short circuiting again and to protect HV Capacitor and other Circuit components. And to answer your question : they sell on Amazon a universal Capacitor for all kind of Microwave ovens that is 1.00uF. See this Link: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Microwave-Voltage-Capacitor-2100V/dp/B000NOW4OS. Standard Capacitor Value is old value with deviation of 6% +/- 3% from the old value. Read this link: http://s3.amazonaws.com/szmanuals/8b1cbf510190d2b758c9b5cb5e139167
    Hope this helps.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  6. Albert

    July 28, 2015 at 2:06 pm

    Of course it is no doubt a fantastic repair but according to all white finger prints on the Alu Cooler metal, I take it it was a real smudgy repair? And since you didn't use any plastic gloves or protective measurements to keep your envirement clean, I hope you do not think the white paste is harmless Or even Edible...
    Even if some thermal paste contains about 99% Silver it is the other 1% I would be more cautious for. It IS Chemical and adds to more Polution. Just saying this in good faith.

    Likes(3)Dislikes(0)
  7. Awais

    July 28, 2015 at 2:19 pm

    V glad to have this article so we learn soo mannys

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  8. corriete

    July 28, 2015 at 8:06 pm

    thanks Albert for the tip and site.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  9. Humberto

    August 13, 2015 at 2:35 am

    Another device saved from the dump. Congratulations.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *