- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
Mitutoyo Digital Caliper No Display Repair
A customer brought this Digital Calliper and said it just stop showing the display. He said he replace the battery and still would not come on.
See Name plate of the Calliper below. It is a Mitutoyo CD-12” PSX Model which is a 12” Calliper.
First Thing I did was to open the battery compartment and check the battery voltage and indeed it was reading 1.5 Volts Dc. It was using a LR-44 type battery.
I remove the back-name plate to reveal the 4 Screws the held the front case in place. Upon inspecting the PCB I could not find any damages or bad components. So, I put the PCB under the microscope to see if I could find any problem, When I Zoom in I saw that the traces for the Ground Plane to the battery terminal was corroded and the traces were damage.
With the naked eye, you could not see it. I scraped the PCB and added some Foil tape to the PCB and Soldered it to the battery terminal. See below:
I then clean the PCB and Display terminal with IPA and re-assemble the unit and check the results below:
Mission accomplished. Unit is working fine and measurement are good.
This article was prepared for you by Andre Gopee from Calitech Limited Trinidad West Indies.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
By the way if you have any good repair article that you want me to publish in this blog please do contact me HERE.
Note: Please check out his previous repair article below: