- Flash Rom IC Caused Standby Problem in LED TV
- LED TV No Sound Repaired
- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
No Disc In Singer DVD Player Repaired
The customer complaint that his Singer DVD Player can’t read disc-see the above photo. As usual, one has to remove the cover in order to troubleshoot the fault.
Once the cover was removed I could see dust and debris on the tray and the lens-see the photo below:
I then cleaned the lens with the help of a solution and cotton butt. I powered on the DVD player and inserted a disc and the problem still not resolved yet.
Next I had to check the pick up motor cap as I suspected it could have loosen or detached. After careful checking I found that the motor cap was loosen and I had to use a super glue to do the job. You cannot simply just put in the glue because it needs find adjustment for correct position to lens. It takes some experiences to properly get the job done.
Once done, I inserted a DVD disc and it worked like a charm- see the photos below. There was no longer ‘No Disc’ appeared. If you wish to learn how to repair DVD player you can check out Humphrey’s ebook HERE.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out previous post about fixing active speaker in the below link: