- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
No Tuning and Channel Stored In TV Solved
The complaint of this Singer CRT TV was no tuning and channel stored. No matter how hard you try to tune to the UHF and VHF channel, you still won’t be able to lock on the screen. So what you can see from the TV screen was just the snowy picture-see the below photo.
In order to confirm if it is really the tuner fault, one has to download the Tuner schematic and perform the voltage test. I can’t find the exact diagram so I’m using another TV model for reference.
The first step is to open the cover and access to the tuner. Next, you need to power On the TV and check the AGC, VHF-H, UHF, BM and etc pins. All the voltages seem to be within the specification.
Since all the Tuner pins voltages are within specification so I can now assume the Tuner is the cause of the problem. In my workshop I have a similar TV (working unit) so I removed the Tuner and replaced it.
Guess what? The TV now can be tuned and the channel can be stored-see the photo below. My repair job is done.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You can read his previous article in the link below: