- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
Parker Probe Handheld Magnetic Particle Yokes Repaired
A customer brought this piece of equipment… This is called an AC/DC Magnetic particle Yoke. The purpose of this equipment is to test welding joint for cracks and fractures in the industry. The complaint was that they plug it into an onsite generator and it started to smoke. The below picture is the equipment… it is made by Parker Probe. Here is a link to the probe. http://www.tedndt.com/cat/cat50_Parker.php
There are 5 screw and nuts to be remove before you can open the probe.
Inside there is only one circuit board with a large heat sink.
From the picture below you can see burnt marks on the board
On the other side you can see the damage component. It is burnt beyond recognition.
Luckily I have another Yoke just like and I was able to get the part No. This was a Triac part No. MAC224A8 which is a 40 amp, 200 thru 800 Volt. I replace the damage component and check the other components and found the SCR on the other was also blown Part No. 2N2508
Some of the circuit trace was damage and I had to make new trace using wire. I forgot to take a shot of the trace.
After I replaced the bad components the equipment came back to life. I tested the AC side and then the DC side and it work perfectly. Mission accomplish.
I am lifting a 14” Pipe wrench with the switch is on the AC side and then DC side:
This article was prepared for you by Andre Gopee from Calitech Limited Trinidad West Indies.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
By the way if you have any good repair article that you want me to publish in this blog please do contact me HERE.