- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No PicturePosted 2 weeks ago
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 6 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 7 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 8 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 11 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 1 year ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
Repairing Computer Motherboard
I got a good blog post by Ranotosh on Computer motherboard repair. Here is the tips:
First of all thanks for your website,it is very useful for persons who are in the electronics field. I am a electronics hobbiest from kolkata(india). I want to share my experiences in motherboard repairing with the readers of your blog.
1. Check for any physical damage in the board i.e. burnt out parts,inflated (bulged) electrolytic capacitors,damaged tracks, burnt out ram slot,cracked chips etc.
2.In many cases SMPS stops in few seconds after power on,this is a indication of a short circuit in the motherboard. In most cases FET in the voltage regulation circuit get shorted.one can check with a multimeter for any shorted FET. Sometimes chips may get shorted, in that case one has to forcefully power on SMPS by shorting green and black wire of SMPS and look for any overheated chips.
3. Replace the bios from a similar motherboard.
These are the few basic techniques of chip level motherboard repair.