- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
Review Of Jingyan M6013 AutoRanging Capacitor Tester
I just got this meter few days ago. The reason I bought this meter is because it has the auto ranging mode which can save time and no calculation involve. For a common capacitor tester, it usually has 9 ranges and you need to select the right range to test on the capacitors.
Some beginners may have problem in calculating the pico farad, nano farad and micro farad value. With this meter you will instantly know the capacitor value without the hassle to select the right range to test. Take a look at all the photos below:
Advantages of the Jingyan M6013 Autoranging Capacitor Tester:
1) Compact/Light/ Handy design
2) Cheap price
3) Fast response time- The moment you clip on the capacitor, the value immediately pop up. In some capacitor testers, you need to wait for it to calibrate first before it gives you the final value.
4) Autoranging- You doesn’t need to select the right range for the right capacitor value. Just clip on the capacitor and read the value from the LCD screen. No calibration needed even when you are measuring the capacitor in picofarad range.
5) Wide measurement range- it can test from 0.01pf up to 47000uf
6) You can turn off/on the LCD screen backlight.
Disadvantages of the meter:
1) Small LCD screen as compare to other capacitor testers
2) Does not have auto shutdown. This means you need to replace the battery if you did not turn off the meter (if you left it “On” for sometime)
Note: This meter is a digital capacitance meter and it is use to test on the capacitance value of capacitors. It can’t be used to check on the ESR of a capacitor. You need an ESR meter to check on the ESR value of capacitors.
Disadvantages of the Packaging
1) The meter is without a box
2) The manual is in one piece of A4 size paper
3) It took about 27 days to reach my country Malaysia from Hong Kong using the free delivery service.
4) Since the owner provides free shipping- this meter ended up outside my office letter box and anyone can just take it away as compare to a registered mail. For your information, I saw the package in my letter box when I was going for lunch.
Note: I suggest that you email the owner if you want the meter to reach your place fast and secure. Of course you have to pay for the additional shipping charge. I bought from this Ebay seller
Special notice: I do not endorse that you should use this meter nor I’m affiliated with the owner. This is just a review based on my own opinion. Since I just got this meter, thus I’m not sure how reliable this meter will be in the long run. If you think that you want to buy this tester, then you have to take your own responsibility.
Question- Why do we still need a digital capacitance meter when the ESR meter is much more accurate in testing an electrolytic capacitor?
Answer- In some rare cases, an electrolytic capacitor can have a good ESR value but the capacitance value can be out. This means when you do your troubleshooting work and did not find any bad e-caps with high ESR, you can start to use the digital capacitance meter to check on the capacitance value.
This meter also can be used to check on low value non-polarity capacitors in which the ESR meter can’t test it.
If you have any question about this post please feel free to comment-thanks.