- Shorted LED Driver Mosfet In Hisense LED TV Repaired
- Restored Philips LED TV Fully Water Logged In Floods
- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
Servicing Christmas Light
This light was brought by one of my close contacts with the complaint that all LEDs were not lighting up. After opening the unit, I checked up and found that there were dry solder, which I patched up.
Replaced the two resistors, as these were out of range and marked its value on the board for future reference. Marked the connections on the reverse side too. Connected it to the mains and switched it on, it worked very well.
This unit had come a couple of years back, during which time I had replaced one of the thyristors. This uses a pasted IC!
Here are some of the snaps taken while it started working:
The customer was happy as it was just before the Christmas and he got it back within a matter of 30 minutes!
Another enhanced satisfaction added to the list!
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 69 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: