- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
Servicing E-Cook Induction Cooker Model US2K
This Induction Cooker was brought to me in a very bad condition; full of dirt and filth all over, both inside and outside, the top glass plate was found separated from its slot etc. This was a ten year old IC, which was in use for many years, but got neglected when it became defective. As usual, my first job was cleaning up the whole thing and make it worthy of admitting to my work table.
(Since I have already covered cleaning part before in another article, I am skipping the snaps). While cleaning the main board, I noticed that one high voltage black capacitor, one among the standard three we can find in almost all ICs, had melted and leaked heavily.
I fixed the round glass top with Fevibond and let it get firmly bonded, and then turned my attention to electronic service work on this IC.
First of all replaced all these three black capacitors, which is a routine maintenance service even otherwise. Then did dry solder patch up all over the board. After repeatedly cleaning the main board and control board thoroughly using IPA, removed the IGBT, and decided to test it through a Series Bulb, as nothing seemed to be wrong on the boards and even ESR of electrolytic capacitors were well within the range. Replaced all the push to on switches on the control board as these were found to be malfunctioning on cold test. When I connected the boards and applied power through a Series Bulb, the LED did not light up with a beep sound, which means it has defect.
The DC power on the control board read zero. Checked and found out that the ground wire of the connector was not making proper contact on the control board. So, disconnected the power, removed the socket from the connector, cleaned it thoroughly, and reinserted it in its place. Then applied switch cleaning oil on the connectors and brushed it once again, and wiped off excess. Then powered up the board and this time, the LEDs lit up with a beep sound.
(Sorry for the poor image; did not notice it after taking it, until writing this article!)
So, refit the IGBT after testing it in Multimeter for any short. Cleaned and lubricated the inside of FAN. Mounted the board and the Induction Coil in its place and switched on. The beep and error code indicated that all was well with the IC. So, fit the IC and tested it with heating water for my home use. It worked normally in repeated tests.
You can notice one volume control type knob, which is a temperature control through a potentiometer, something we do not find in the latest designs. This was found to be functioning very well. Here are the pictures of all the components replaced:
Thus, another wonderfully working IC, in spite of its age and neglect, was saved from the dump, giving utmost satisfaction to me!
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 68 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: