- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
- LED TV T-Con Board Problem
- 471k MOV Cracked In LED TV Repaired
Shorted BU3150BF And Open Resistors In Philips DVD Mini Player
The complaint of this Philips DVD mini player was no power.
Back in the April this year I have posted a similar model with the same problem (no power) and it was due to resistor problem. You can read the post in the below link:
As for this case, when the cover was opened I could see two boards-look at the photo below:
I focused on the power board first since the complaint was no power.
With visual inspection I saw two SMD resistors were burnt and checked further and found another low ohm resistor was opened circuit too-see the photos below:
Next, I continued to check all components in the power supply board and found the main power transistor with the part number BU3150BF shorted.
Below is the datasheet of the transistor and you can click on the photo below to view the datasheet:
After spending some times to check on the power supply side I concluded that there were only four bad components-see the photo below:
Once the components were replaced and powered on it worked like charm.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading the above article, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out his previous post in the below links: