- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No PicturePosted 1 week ago
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 6 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 7 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 8 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 10 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 1 year ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
Singer DVD Player Not Working Repaired
The complaint of this Singer DVD Player was not working because many of the buttons was not able to be pressed.
This means all the buttons were jammed and you just can’t insert the DVD disc if the eject button is not functioning.
The first to check was obviously the microswitch buttons -see the photos below. This kind of switches have a life span of couple of years. Once it is bad, you just need to replace it and retest the set. There are repairers who repair this kind of switch but to me I will just replace it.
It was fairly easy to replace the switches. Just solder it out with your solder gun and put in the new switches. The cost of this new microswitch was not expensive and sometimes you can salvage from a junk circuit board. In total I have replaced 5 microswitches-see the photo below:
Once done, I can easily pressed on the eject button and insert the Dvd Disc. I have also checked on the other functions of the DVD buttons and all seems to be working fine.
In electronics repair there are tough dog repair and there are also simple repair work. Sometimes it can be frustrated too but the satisfaction gained from a successful repair job always put a smile on our face. Happy Repairing!
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out previous post about fixing active speaker in the below link: