- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
Standby Problem In Haier LCD TV Repaired
A customer sent to me this 24″ Haier LCD TV for repair with the complaint of red standby light on with no picture. The usual standby problems are :
- DC output supply from SMPS fluctuates or lower than normal (due to bad filter capacitors)
- Bad SMD voltage regulator IC in the mainboard- produce a lower than normal voltage
- Corrupted data in Mirocontroller, Flash Rom or even EEprom IC
Once the cover was removed I can clearly see two circuit boards. It was the power supply and mainboard-see the photos below:
I’m a bit happy to see that there were several bulged filter capacitors. This could be the reason why the LCD TV went into standby mode because the Microcontroller IC did not get a steady dc voltage input.
If the filter capacitors were good then I may need to put some extra effort to look for the data for the memory ICs. For your information it was not an easy task to find original data/programs for the memory ICs.
After replacement of five electrolytic capacitors, the LCD TV came back to life and you can see the photo below:
If you wish to learn how to repair LCD, LED or even OLED TV, I suggest that you check out on Kent’s website here.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
Note: You may check out his previous post in the below link:
P.S- If you enjoyed reading the above article, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!