- Flash Rom IC Caused Standby Problem in LED TV
- LED TV No Sound Repaired
- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
Standby Problem In Haier LCD TV Repaired
A customer sent to me this 24″ Haier LCD TV for repair with the complaint of red standby light on with no picture. The usual standby problems are :
- DC output supply from SMPS fluctuates or lower than normal (due to bad filter capacitors)
- Bad SMD voltage regulator IC in the mainboard- produce a lower than normal voltage
- Corrupted data in Mirocontroller, Flash Rom or even EEprom IC
Once the cover was removed I can clearly see two circuit boards. It was the power supply and mainboard-see the photos below:
I’m a bit happy to see that there were several bulged filter capacitors. This could be the reason why the LCD TV went into standby mode because the Microcontroller IC did not get a steady dc voltage input.
If the filter capacitors were good then I may need to put some extra effort to look for the data for the memory ICs. For your information it was not an easy task to find original data/programs for the memory ICs.
After replacement of five electrolytic capacitors, the LCD TV came back to life and you can see the photo below:
If you wish to learn how to repair LCD, LED or even OLED TV, I suggest that you check out on Kent’s website here.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
Note: You may check out previous post about fixing active speaker in the below link:
P.S- If you enjoyed reading the above article, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!