- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
Testing Components Onboard and Offboard
I used to get this question either from my students or from ERG members about could all electronic components be tested onboard? I told them that as a beginner one must start to test the components off board so that they could understand the components characteristic. With this, they would know if a components is bad, leaky or good. Once they are good in testing electronic components off board, they then can slowly learn to test components on board.
I told them that NOT all components can be test on board. Components like coil, thermister, bridge rectifier, fuse, e-caps, transistor (with collector and emitter removed) can be test on board. Other components like the zener diode, diode, varistor, FET, non polar capacitor, resistors have to be test off board for accuracy reading.