- LED TV No Sound Repaired
- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV Repair
Testing Electronic Components On Board
I got a question from a fellow ERG member that ask whether we can test all electronic components on board or not. That means no need to remove the components and directly test it with meter. My answer to him was “It depends on what type of components you wanted to test” but the reality is that we can’t test all electronic components on board. I told him that yes you can test an electrolytic capacitor on board with an ESR meter but you can’t test a non polar cap on board using Digital capacitance meter.
Yes of course in some cases you can test the non polar cap on board but most of the time it was not accurate when you test it on board using the digital capacitance meter. Even in resistors too, if you have experience in electronic repair you would know if a resistor value is good or bad if you test in on board but somehow i prefer to test resistor off board which i found it to be more accurate than checking it on board.
Similarly i have a question whether i can use the blue ring tester to test the primary winding of flyback transformer on board or not. If you are a seasoned electronic repairer then i guess you have no problem using that meter to test the winding on board because from your many repair experience you already should know how was the reading like. However if you are a beginner i suggest that you test it off board be it in flyback transformer or any other electronic components because as time past you will surely know as to which components that you should check on board or off board.