- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
- LED TV T-Con Board Problem
Testing Electronic Components On Board
I got a question from a fellow ERG member that ask whether we can test all electronic components on board or not. That means no need to remove the components and directly test it with meter. My answer to him was “It depends on what type of components you wanted to test” but the reality is that we can’t test all electronic components on board. I told him that yes you can test an electrolytic capacitor on board with an ESR meter but you can’t test a non polar cap on board using Digital capacitance meter.
Yes of course in some cases you can test the non polar cap on board but most of the time it was not accurate when you test it on board using the digital capacitance meter. Even in resistors too, if you have experience in electronic repair you would know if a resistor value is good or bad if you test in on board but somehow i prefer to test resistor off board which i found it to be more accurate than checking it on board.
Similarly i have a question whether i can use the blue ring tester to test the primary winding of flyback transformer on board or not. If you are a seasoned electronic repairer then i guess you have no problem using that meter to test the winding on board because from your many repair experience you already should know how was the reading like. However if you are a beginner i suggest that you test it off board be it in flyback transformer or any other electronic components because as time past you will surely know as to which components that you should check on board or off board.