- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 2 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 5 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 8 months ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 9 months ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 10 months ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 12 months ago
The Function Of A Bleeder Resistor In Electronic Circuit
A bleeder resistor is a resistor that connected across the outputs of the power supply. Some designs use bleeder resistors and some designs have no bleeder resistors in it. The function of bleeder resistors in the circuit is to discharge the filter capacitors as a safety measure whenever the power is switched off and to improve the voltage regulation by providing a minimum load resistance.
In certain 17″ Monitor Flyback transformer you can find a bleeder resistor parallel with the internal capacitor. In order to measure the bleeder resistor in the flyback you must have a meter that can measure up to several hundred megaohms. In a 14 and 15″ Monitor, the flyback divider besides act as control for the screen (G2) and focus, it also act as a bleeder resistor. That’s why, whenever a Monitor is turned off the high voltage charge in the internal capacitor in flyback transformer is quickly discharge by the flyback divider resistance. If you repair power supply, a burned out bleeder resistor is very dangerous because the capacitor still hold the charge!