- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
The Function Of A Bleeder Resistor In Electronic Circuit
A bleeder resistor is a resistor that connected across the outputs of the power supply. Some designs use bleeder resistors and some designs have no bleeder resistors in it. The function of bleeder resistors in the circuit is to discharge the filter capacitors as a safety measure whenever the power is switched off and to improve the voltage regulation by providing a minimum load resistance.
In certain 17″ Monitor Flyback transformer you can find a bleeder resistor parallel with the internal capacitor. In order to measure the bleeder resistor in the flyback you must have a meter that can measure up to several hundred megaohms. In a 14 and 15″ Monitor, the flyback divider besides act as control for the screen (G2) and focus, it also act as a bleeder resistor. That’s why, whenever a Monitor is turned off the high voltage charge in the internal capacitor in flyback transformer is quickly discharge by the flyback divider resistance. If you repair power supply, a burned out bleeder resistor is very dangerous because the capacitor still hold the charge!