- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
- Simple Way To Repair Color Problem In LED TV
- A LED TV Repair Attempt With A Disappointing Result
- How To Repair No Power Symptom In LED TV
- Dead LED TV restored back to life. Model: Fuji Japan
- 50″ LED TV Display Problem Repaired
- LED TV That I’m Not Able To Repair
- Shorted LED Lights In An LED TV Repaired. Model LG
- LED TV T-Con Board Problem
- 471k MOV Cracked In LED TV Repaired
Tweeter Speaker Repaired
The complaint of this tweeter speaker was that it does not have sound. Before you can see the internal tweeter coil, you need to carefully remove the external speaker net and make sure you do not bend it.
Once the speaker net is removed you then can use your digital Ohmmeter to check on the tweeter voice coil.
A good coil should show resistance and if you did not get any resistance reading means the coil is open circuit and you need to replace it. In the below photo, you can see that the tweeter voice coil already opened circuit.
You can watch the video below on how to test a speaker or tweeter voice coil:
The only way to solve this problem fast is to replace with a new voice coil. You can get the part from local electronics store that sell speaker system spare parts.
It is easy to fit in the new coil. Just unscrew the unit, put in the new coil and solder the two wires and you are done. The new voice coil resistance is 6 Ohm.
Once done fixing the new coil, just put back the back cover and the speaker net. After reading this article I believe you should be able to handle tweeter speaker problem.
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out his previous repair article in the below link: