- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 1 month ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 2 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 5 months ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 9 months ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 10 months ago
- Polytron LED TV RepairedPosted 10 months ago
- No Power In Toshiba LED TV RepairedPosted 12 months ago
Unstable Crystal Oscillator
Do you know that the crystal oscillator use in the electronic circuit board could become unstable or have problem when it gets hot? It could also cause intermittent problem and shutdown the function of microprocessor in electronic equipment. Problems like missing On screen display (OSD) in Monitor, intermittent appearance of the OSD, Computer motherboard “hang” and etc are just some of the problem cause by defective crystal.
As for the crystal problem when it gets hot, in fact you can use the hair blower to point at the crystal and observe the problem. Although we rarely replace crystal in electronic equipment, this doesn’t mean that you don’t need to check on the crystal. Get the same frequency value and replace and retest the set again. If you have the crystal tester or checker, then it would be easy for you to test out the crystal. In some digital meter, there are also a feature to test the crystal frequency while it is operating. If you get the exact frequency then you know the crystal is working fine and if the result is different from the value printed on the crystal body then get a replacement. The picture shown above is a 4 Mega hertz Crystal Oscillator.