- Samsung Smart TV Powering On/Off
- Blinking Stand By LED Light In LED TV Repaired
- No Tuning Problem In LED TV Repaired
- Sanyo DP40142 LED/LCD TV Repair
- LED Backlight Problem In LG TV- Checked With LED TV Backlight Tester
- Unexpected Shorted Parts In LG LED TV
- How To Repair LED TV Mainboard
- You Will Be Stunned Of What’s Found Inside The TV (No Power Fault)
- Shorted SMD Transistor In LED TV
- Never Saw TV LED Lights Like These
What Could Cause A Transformer To Burn?
Whether you are dealing with Linear or Switch Mode Power Transformer, I’m sure you have came across a burnt transformer before. The question is, what could have cause the transformer to burn (shorted primary winding, bad smell from transformer internal parts, open primary or secondary winding and etc)? From my experience, below are some of the possible causes:
1) Lightning strike
2) Power Supply Design fault
3) Low quality of the transformer used
4) Shorted components in corresponding circuit (primary side)
5) Shorted components in the secondary side
6) Decayed glue used in surrounding circuit.
If you know of any other way that could cause a transformer to burn please share your comment -thanks!