- No Display In Samsung 32″ LED TV Repaired
- No Power In LED TV Solved
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power Symptom
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel Repair
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer Brand
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement Parts
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under Load
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV Repair
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display Repair
What Could Cause A Transformer To Burn?
Whether you are dealing with Linear or Switch Mode Power Transformer, I’m sure you have came across a burnt transformer before. The question is, what could have cause the transformer to burn (shorted primary winding, bad smell from transformer internal parts, open primary or secondary winding and etc)? From my experience, below are some of the possible causes:
1) Lightning strike
2) Power Supply Design fault
3) Low quality of the transformer used
4) Shorted components in corresponding circuit (primary side)
5) Shorted components in the secondary side
6) Decayed glue used in surrounding circuit.
If you know of any other way that could cause a transformer to burn please share your comment -thanks!