- No Power In LED TV SolvedPosted 5 hours ago
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power SymptomPosted 1 month ago
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel RepairPosted 2 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No PicturePosted 3 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 9 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 9 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 10 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 1 year ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 1 year ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
What Could Cause A Transformer To Burn?
Whether you are dealing with Linear or Switch Mode Power Transformer, I’m sure you have came across a burnt transformer before. The question is, what could have cause the transformer to burn (shorted primary winding, bad smell from transformer internal parts, open primary or secondary winding and etc)? From my experience, below are some of the possible causes:
1) Lightning strike
2) Power Supply Design fault
3) Low quality of the transformer used
4) Shorted components in corresponding circuit (primary side)
5) Shorted components in the secondary side
6) Decayed glue used in surrounding circuit.
If you know of any other way that could cause a transformer to burn please share your comment -thanks!