Don't Miss

Is TEA1504 IC and TEA1504AP same?

By on October 19, 2007

If you have been repairing the Philips CRT Monitor i’m sure you have come across no power problem in the Monitor.  Some model uses the TEA1504 while the other use TEA1504AP. So the question is can both IC be substitute to each other? The answer is “NO” because i have tested it and it blow the power supply section again.


For other power IC like the famous PWM UC3842 Ic, it can be replaced by the HA17384, MC3842, IP3842, KA3842 and etc. Even in the video pre-amplifier IC TDA4886 can be replaced by TDA4886A and the list goes on………From what you have read is that not all IC can be replace even though it has the same part number. That’s mean you have to check the alphabet after the part number. If possible get back exactly the same part number to avoid more problem in the set you repair unless you are very sure that the different part number can be use as substitution! For your information some PWM UC3842 have the version A, B and AB follow by the part number.

You may visit any repair forum or even compare the semiconductor data sheet between the IC’s. However the best you do your own test and if it work you can jot down in your diary repair book (in fact every electronic repairer should have one diary in their workshop for easy and future reference). Repairing is fun and there’s still lots of thing we gonna learn!



  1. Girma Asefa

    May 26, 2008 at 3:49 pm

    do u have an acces salling on line the books
    thanks girma assefa

  2. admin

    May 27, 2008 at 7:39 pm

    Hi Girma,
    Yes you can directly access the information of the ebook once the payment is done. Go to and



    January 16, 2011 at 9:04 am



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.