What To Prepare For Interview?
If you are looking for a job as a junior repair technician/engineer and would like to have a high chances of success rate then you need to prepare yourself for the interview.
Here are some tips that can help you.
1) Do your homework first before you go for the interview. If your position is to repair Audio Equipment then read as much as you could about Audio Equipment. Study and explain how Audio circuit works. Try draw a block diagram and if possible download Audio equipment schematic diagrams and begin to analyze it. The more you understand about the equipment the better you are in answering the questions.
2) Dress smart- Don’t wear a T-shirt or shorts or sneakers/sandals, comb your hair, if possible wear a neck tie with long sleeve shirt/long pants. Dress shoes should be polished. Facial hair, visible piercings, and earrings are not recommended. You must have the mindset to dress to win/success and first impression is very important. You don’t need to dress like a model, a decent one will do.
3) Don’t be late and expect the interviewer to wait for you. Reach there early so that you will not be panic or rush.
4) Before leaving the house, check to see if you have extra copies of your resume, a list of references, a notepad, daily planner, pen and pencil in your possession.
5) Carrying a briefcase, folder, or portfolio will enhance your look of professionalism.
6) Making eye contact with all members of the panel during their question is also a positive move. Please do not look at the floor or the table when questions being asked.
5) Prepare to answer some tough question like “Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years time”
I hope these tips will benefit not only to the newbies, but to the experience repairers who wish to seek a better opportunities in other company.