Replacement Of Two Bulged Capacitors And Dry Solder Patch Up Brought Life Back To SMPS!
This SMPS was brought to me with the complaint that it was dead. After opening and cleaning up the inside thoroughly, when I did a visual examination, I saw two capacitors were bulged. I also saw a lot of dry solders on the board. One connection was not making any contact at all!
After replacing the two bulged capacitors, I did a thorough retouching of all the solder joints. Then cleaned up the board thoroughly using IPA. Then when I tested the SMPS by shorting the green pin to ground, it was found working very well. The voltages were also checked to be sure.
There are two ICs for voltage control in this SMPS. One is LM339 and another is KA7500B. Here are a few more pictures to conclude this short article, without forgetting to add satisfaction to its collection bag:
THESE TWO RESISTRS WERE REPLACED DUE TO RUSTING, THOUGH IT WORKED
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 72 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: