Don't Miss

Electronics Repair FAQ 18

By on December 13, 2011

Please click on THIS link to read Electronics Repair FAQ 18.



  1. Mark Peacock

    December 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm

    Hi Jestine,
    I have run across a part that I have never seen before and need your help in how to test to see if it is a good part. It is called a Fairchild Power Switch. It has six legs and attaches like a Mosfet to a heatsink in an LCD Monitor Power/Inverter Supply.
    I am enclosing a link to the Data Sheet for this part.

    I have checked my copy of Testing Electronic Components, but this part was not included.
    Thanks for your help.

  2. admin

    December 17, 2011 at 1:54 am

    Hi Mark,

    It is a power ic and the only way to troubleshoot it is to check if there is supply going to the vcc pin. If the supply is good and the surrounding/corresponding found to be good then direct replace and retest the set. It is quite common that this ic have problem. With this IC being use, the power supply have less components.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.