How To Make A DIY PWM Tester
Sometimes you come across to repair power supplies, monitor, TV or some other devices containing SMPS. Many power supplies have a PWM IC. Most of them are UC384X. Testing of an IC with multimeter is a difficult process or inaccurate. There is an easy way to test a suspected PWM IC. In this article you will able to make PWM Tester by using and old CRT monitor board.
1. Arrange an old CRT monitor from Junk. Keep in mind that the power section has a DIP 8 PWM IC and is ok.
2. Remove PWM IC from board.
3. Take a DIP 8 IC socket and fit in place of PWM IC which you removed.
4. Now your cheapest PWM IC tester is ready
5. Insert a suspected PWM IC into socket and switch on power and observe weather power LED light up or not. A good IC will give response in form of power LED light up.
This article was contributed by Daud Asi from Pakistan.