- No Power In LED TV SolvedPosted 3 days ago
- How To Repair Toshiba LED TV With No Power SymptomPosted 1 month ago
- Samsung LED TV Auto Change Channel RepairPosted 2 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No PicturePosted 3 months ago
- How To Repair LED TV No Picture- Singer BrandPosted 9 months ago
- LED TV Repair- Cheap Replacement PartsPosted 9 months ago
- Not Common To See Dual Super Barrier Rectifier Breakdown When Under LoadPosted 10 months ago
- How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV RepairPosted 1 year ago
- Singer 32″ Skyworth LED TV With Dim Display RepairPosted 1 year ago
- 42″ LG LED TV RepairedPosted 1 year ago
How To Solve No Power Problem In Haier LCD LED TV Repair
The complaint of this 24 inch Haier LED LCD TV was no power. When i checked on the main fuse, it was tested good. I continued to check on the big main filter capacitor and there was 313 VDC. This means the capacitor and the circuit before the capacitor were good.
If there is an open circuit track or one of the components along the circuit is open circuit, then there will be no voltage measured at the main capacitor.
Checking on the secondary side output voltages had proven the problem is in the power supply circuit. The cause of the problem can be in the primary or secondary side.
I have decided to check on some of the major components in the primary side such as the power FET, start up resistor, optoisolator IC and etc but all were checked to be good. Even the secondary output diodes were checked to be good too.
Now left only the biggest suspect which is the power IC OB5269CP as seen in the below photo:
I had to remove it in order to replace with a new IC. It was a simple job and the job done in less than 10 minutes.
Below photo is the new IC that I had replaced.
Once the power was applied take a look at the result below:
Conclusion- I believe if you know how to test components then you can start the repair job. Bear in mind all the safety guidelines as electricity can kill. By the way Kent had just launched his new Ebook on LCD LED SCREEN repair. You can check on his product by clicking on the link below:
This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE.
P.S- If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
Note: You may check out his previous repair article in the below link: