E2 Error Solved In ADELI Induction Cooker MODEL NO.AL2000-A1
This Induction Cooker was brought to me by a regular customer with the complaint that it was not used for a very long time, and now when they took it up, the on/off switch was malfunctioning. When I opened it, I was shocked to see a lot of cobwebs with living spiders, dirt and filth all around.
After dismantling and thorough cleaning using blower and brush, I checked the press to on switches on the panel and found most of them defective. As I found that the 10uF/400 was bulgy, I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors on both the boards, along with the push to on switches. Did a thorough dry solder patch up on both the boards.
Connected everything externally and applied power to see how it was working. It started with a beep but E2 error started flashing. In some such cookers, E2 means temperature sensor error. So, I first checked whether the Sensors were ok. I checked the resistance and found it to be 75K Ohms and when touched with a soldering iron, it was dropping indicating that it was not the fault. In the checking process, the leg of one sensor broke and I had to use another one in its place. Then I checked the voltages on the board. The 18V on the Zener diode was dropping to 7.30 and varying also. So replaced the Zener diode. Switched on. It worked for sometime, but again E2 error was flashing. Then I checked the voltage of 78L05 IC and found it to be dropping. So, replaced that also. Even then the E2 error was not solved. As the Main capacitor was bulgy, the next suspicion was on the Viper 12A IC. So I removed it and placed a socket and inserted a new one.
In order to obviate another failure, I also replaced all the 8050/8550 transistors on the board. When I applied power, everything was perfect. The 18V and 5V were ok. So, I placed a vessel on the top, and pressed the on switch. It worked very well. After switching it off and allowing it to cool down, assembled the boards back.
Then subjected the cooker for thorough testing several times for use in the kitchen. Found it to be working very well. Called the customer to come and pick it up. Mission accomplished and satisfaction got added! Here is the picture of components replaced.
This article was prepared for you by Parasuraman Subramanian from India. He is 72 years old and has more than 30 years’ experience in handling antique equipment like Valve Radio, Amps, Reel Tape Recorders and currently studying latest tech-classes conducted by Kerala State Electronics Technicians’ Association. He has done graduation in BBA degree, private diploma in Radio Engineering and retired as MD of a USA company. Presently working as Consultant to Hospital and other institutions.
Please give a support by clicking on the social buttons below. Your feedback on the post is welcome. Please leave it in the comments.
P.S-If you enjoyed reading this, click here to subscribe to my blog (free subscription). That way, you’ll never miss a post. You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks!
You may check on his previous repair article below: