Starting Cost Of A Repair Workshop
Back in 1996 my partner and I took out about RM2000 (USD667.00) to set up the small repair center (approx about 200 square feet). I used the money to buy fax machine, print invoices and D/O, rental, tables and chairs and also some repair tools and meters. This is the amount that I have spent during those day and reaping the benefits till now. Again it depends on how big you want the repair center to be. If you are setting up an Authorized Service center then it will surely cost more. If you just like me who wanted to start from a small place first then your initial investment should not be high.
Make sure you have some saving as starting a business is not that easy. You may take few months to recoup the money that you have spent. If your business is not good at least you could use the saving to temporarily pay off some of the expenses. Running a successful business takes perseverance, commitment and lots of your personal time. Ask any successful business man and they will tell you the same thing. No money will ever drop from sky and you have to sacrifice your sweat and time to achieve the success you want.
I heard that there are repairing center closing down but you need to know that NOT all repairing center closing down. There are many reasons why a repair center can close down:
- Not working hard enough
- Do not know how to manage business/money
- Never promote their business
- Too focus only on one particular equipment. In this kind of situation one has to repair few types of equipment in order to have a constant business coming in.
- Too cheap the equipment and customers chosen to throw it away than repair
- Good profit margin in other field
- Working too long in this field and wanted to venture and try on other type of business not related to repair
- Retired to enjoy life after many years in the repair field
- Can't cope up with the ever changing new technologies
- Better offer to work for someone-less headace to run a repair company
Don't be discourage of the 10 reasons above. If you are a persistent person and you like to improve yourself then there is no reason why you can't set your own company. This means if you do not know how to manage or promote a business then learn it, if you think that you work not hard enough then work harder and etc.
If you currently running a repair business and would like to give advice to those who wanted to set up their own business please do leve a comment below-thanks.